5.1. Add/Delete metadata items
To manage metadata items, a user shall have WRITE permission for the parent folder and the ROLE_ENTITY_MANAGER role. For more information see 13. Permissions.
A user is able to add metadata item manually.
Add metadata item
To add metadata item the following steps shall be performed:
- Navigate to Metadata of the desired folder or project.
Note: or navigate to specific metadata entity folder, e.g. Participant, Sample, etc.
- Click control - the pop-up window is open.
- Fill up the required fields:
- ID. It should be a unique identification for a new metadata item.
- Type. Choose the metadata item type, e.g. Participant, Sample, etc
Note: if you clicked control from the specific metadata entity folder, the type would be set by default, but you would be able to change it.
- Click Add parameter to set attributes for the new metadata instance. It could be:
- String attribute. You can add an attribute with any name and value.
- Link to a metadata entity. You can choose a link to what a metadata entity you want to add as an attribute, e.g. set a link to a participant existing in the CP as a sample's attribute.
- Click Create - the new metadata item will be created and shown in the chosen metadata entity table.
Delete metadata item
To delete metadata item the following steps shall be performed:
- Navigate to the metadata entity table that contains the metadata item you want to delete.
- Tick one metadata item or more - the bulk operation group of buttons is enabled.
- Click button.
- Confirm your choice in the dialog window.
- The items are removed.